Today PAM's Executive Committee discussed a continuation of temporary changes to collective agreements due to the corona pandemic.
In the spring, changes were decided to go on until summer, but now most of them have been continued until the end of year 2020.
Many of the collective agreements negotiated by PAM were amended in March 2020 due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The changes concern, among others, the self-notification procedure, the notice period for layoffs, the minimum period for co-operation procedures and the employer's readmission obligation.
Today, Wednesday 10 June, PAM's Executive Committee approved the continuation of these already made changes to some of the collective agreements, lasting until the end of 2020. In the case of the commercial collective agreement, some of the temporary changes will not continue but end on June 30, 2020. The amendments will enter into force if the legislative amendments are approved by Finnish Parliament.
The amendments already made to these collective agreements will be extended until 31 December 2020:
- Collective agreement for pharmacy employees
- Collective agreement for tourism, restaurant and leisure services - employees and supervisors
- Collective agreement on amusement, theme and adventure parks
- Collective agreement for Ski resort employees
- Collective agreement for employees in program services
- Collective agreement for train service staff at Avecra Oy
Some of the changes in the commercial collective agreement end
The Executive Committee also discussed temporary amendments to the Commercial collective agreement. The Executive Committee decided that some of the temporary amendments to the collective agreement will continue until the end of 2020 and some will end on June 30, 2020.
Amendments that will end by 30.6.2020:
- The shift list may exceptionally be published subject to a one-week notice period
- Continuation of the self-declaration procedure for Temporary Absence - Sudden Sickness in the Family rule in the collective agreement.
Amendments that were accepted and which will continue until 31.12.2020:
- Notice period for layoffs is 5 days
- Minimum negotiation period for layoffs is 5 days
- Readmission obligation for employers is 9 months.
More detailed information on the temporary agreed changes to the collective agreements in the various sectors will be updated on the PAM wiki. Do follow the current information here: Changes to collective agreements due to the corona epidemic.