Exemption from membership fees
All sorts of things can happen in life – and that means working life, too. In some circumstances, you’ll be exempt from paying membership fees. You may take a break from paying your membership fees when your earnings are interrupted for an acceptable reason, such as:
- family leave (maternity, paternity or parental leave, etc.);
- military or non-military national service;
- a sickness allowance or unemployment benefit from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela).
Exemption from membership fees is not granted automatically. It is your obligation to inform PAM when you are not working for an acceptable reason to keep up your membership. It is important for you to be active yourself, because PAM will not receive information about your maternity or child care leave directly from your employer, for example.
How to inform PAM
- Use our e-service (go to ‘Membership data’).
- Call our membership services.
- Send an e-mail to jasenrekisteri(at)pam.fi.