Contact information 

Please notice that PAM and Unemployment Fund helplines are experiencing high call volumes especially in the morning. Answers to many questions is found on our web site.

Membership services

030 100 630 10 am to 2 pm

Employment advice

030 100 625  10 am to 2 pm

Unemployment benefit advice 020 690 211 10 am to 2 pm

Job alternation compensation

Updated: 30.04.2021

Job alternation leave may be taken by people whose working hours have accounted for at least 75% of a full-time employee’s working hours and who have agreed on this with their own employer. The Unemployment Fund pays job alternation compensation for periods of job alternation leave.

Conditions for receiving job alternation compensation

1. You have made a job alternation agreement with your employer.

2. You have worked for the same employer continuously for at least 13 months. This period can include an unpaid period of absence of a maximum of 30 days.

3. You have at least 20 years of employment history.  

The duration of job alternation leave is 100 - 180 days.

You must take the entire job alternation leave within two years of its start. After the leave, you are entitled to return to your previous or an equivalent job.

The amount of compensation is 70% of the unemployment allowance to which you would be entitled if you were to become unemployed. The job alternation compensation is determined on the basis of earnings from employment over a minimum period of 52 weeks before the leave. No child supplement or increased earnings-related component under the Unemployment Security Act (1290/2002) will be taken into account when calculating the amount of compensation.

You are not entitled to job alternation compensation if:

  • you receive pay or holiday pay from your own employer;
  • you work full-time for another employer for a period of more than two weeks;
  • you are a full-time entrepreneur;
  • you receive benefits under the Unemployment Security Act;
  • you receive sickness allowance, maternity, paternity or parental allowance or special child care allowance, or you are on leave due to pregnancy, childbirth or child care;
  • you are performing military or non-military national service.

Member benefits