Contact information 

Membership services

030 100 600 10 am to 2 pm

Employment advice

030 100 620 10 am to 2 pm

Unemployment benefit advice 

020 690 211 10 am to 2 pm

Membership during family leave

When you intend to take a period of family leave (such as maternity, paternity or parental leave), always inform PAM of this period away from work, so that there is no interruption of your membership. It’s not a good idea to resign from the union if your earnings are interrupted – instead, you should arrange to take a break from paying your membership fees.

When you take maternity or paternity leave, your employer will pay you for some of the period and you’ll pay membership fees from these earnings as usual. After the paid period, you may continue on unpaid leave and receive maternity, paternity and parental allowance for this period. You don’t have to pay membership fees for these allowances.

You can notify PAM of exemption from membership fees:

If you forgot to notify the union of your unpaid leave right from the start, you should contact us as soon as possible and make arrangements for how your membership fees and your membership will be brought up to date.

When you return to work

When you return to work after a longer period outside employment, please remember to check your payslip to make sure that your membership fees are again being deducted from your pay.

If you are paying your membership fees yourself, you can pay your fees using our e-service. You can log in using your own membership number and password. You can also request payment reference numbers from our membership services number or by sending an e-mail to

Read more