Contact information 

Please notice that PAM and Unemployment Fund helplines are experiencing high call volumes especially in the morning. Answers to many questions is found on our web site.

Membership services

Member's service 030 100 630 is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from  10 am to 2 pm.

Employment advice

030 100 625  weekdays 10 am to 2 pm

Unemployment benefit advice 
020 690 211 weekdays from  10 am to 2 pm

Changing your union

When should I transfer from another union and/or fund to PAM?

PAM is the right union for you if you switch jobs and start working in a sector covered by PAM. These include

  • commerce;
  • tourism, restaurant and leisure services;
  • hairdressing;
  • cleaning and property services;
  • pharmacies;
  • security services;
  • special fields;
  • managers and supervisors in the private service sectors.

If you want access to all the member benefits and services as well as advocacy and lobbying efforts provided by the trade union covering your sector on top of just unemployment security, join PAM.

The easiest way is to fill in the admission form through our e-service and authorize PAM to deal with the change of union on your behalf.

Fill in the information on your previous union and unemployment fund on the form. Also tick the box authorizing PAM to deal with the change of union on your behalf. By doing so, you do not have to contact your previous union yourself and your membership and unemployment security are not interrupted. According to the Act on Unemployment Funds (603/1984), an individual may not be a member of two unemployment funds simultaneously. However, remember to inform your employer/payroll administrator of any change of union to ensure that they start paying your membership fees to the right union as soon as you have switched.

If you have already terminated your membership of your previous union, it’s important that you submit the admission form for joining PAM within 30 days, so that your membership and unemployment security are not interrupted. Remember to fill in the section about your previous trade union and authorization as explained above.

Is my right to unemployment security interrupted when I change unions?

It’s important to make sure that your transfer from the old to the new union and fund takes place within 30 days, so that there is no interruption of your membership. There are no interruptions to your unemployment security, if you change union and unemployment fund so that membership of your previous union and fund is valid and your membership fees have been settled right up until the date of transfer.

If I transfer to PAM from another union and/or fund, will membership fees still be automatically deducted from my pay?

The membership fee collection agreement is always specific to each individual employer and union. You should therefore notify your payroll administrator to terminate collection of membership fees to your previous union when you change unions. Also choose the option ‘Employer withholds subscriptions’ on your admission form and PAM will arrange for the employer to start collection of your PAM membership fees on your behalf. Always remember to check on your payslip that your trade union membership fees have been deducted. If you do not see any payments on the payslip, contact your payroll administrator.

When should I transfer to another union from PAM?

If you start working in a sector not covered by PAM, you should transfer to a union that negotiates collective agreements for your sector.

Contact your new union and agree the starting date of your membership with them. You should also authorize your new union to inform PAM about the change of union in order to ensure that your transfer to a new union and unemployment fund takes place without interruption of your membership. Also remember to inform your employer/payroll administrator of your change of union.

Read more